Why I’m Creating a Niche Site
For the longest time, I’ve wanted to tackle this project, but never pulled the trigger. But after spinning my head around 20 times, I’ve decided to just start.
What’s my site going to be about? Learning Ultimate Frisbee. Here’s why.
- I’ve been a passionate ultimate frisbee player for about 6-7 years now, and don’t plan on quitting anytime soon.
- I believe a solid amount of interest in the sport. I’ve introduced several beginners to the sport and they’ve loved it. Therefore,
- There’s not a solid resource for Ultimate Frisbee. Most resources are subscription-based and offer very limited free content.
- Ultimate Frisbee isn’t the most popular sport out there, and I’m not sure how much traffic I can really draw to the site.
- Hard to find writers in this niche.
- I’m going to have a hard time getting assets to visualize the drills. Creating assets for this niche is time-consuming because of the lack of media already existing on the web.
Documenting the Journey
- I will be starting this blog completely from scratch
- I’ll be writing all the articles myself until I find a way to outsource the work
- I’ll update my progress, what’s working, and what’s not through this blog
September 2021 Summary
- 8 posts published, with basic on-page SEO
- 52 impressions
- IFTTT set up to save all my posts on Google Docs
- Currently scoring a 73 Mobile Score on Google Pagespeed Insights (83 on Desktop)
Tools I’m Using
- Twitter, TikTok, Youtube, Facebook – Social Media
- Hostinger + WordPress – Hosting and CMS
- IFTTT – Automate workflow
- Yoast SEO – WordPress plugin to help execute my SEO strategies
- Divi – WordPress Theme
- Canva – Creating Assets
- MailChimp – Email lists
Plans for the Future
- Make the website more intuitive.
- Video Content for the drills
- Create a digital product to help collect an email list through MailChimp
- Find 2-3 writers to help create content for the website